CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 1, 2011

Homemade and Haircuts

Cynjyn started talking a lot about her hair. How much it was bugging her, how she hated combing it everyday and she couldn't stand the little rat nests it produced. So I finally asked her if she wanted to cut it. She said YES, RIGHT NOW!


So I took her in and she got it cut to the length of her bangs. She was tired of the two lengths and wanted it all the same.




Just a cute little bob with no layers or anything until it grows out a little, then maybe she'll get a style to it. I think she's going to LOVE it for summer. It's already easier to comb after she swims!






I volunteered last week at the produce coop that I do and I got so much extra "stuff". It was fun. I brought Taz with me to get some service hours in for scouts and we came home and had to clean out the refidgerator in order to get all the produce in.





I ended up getting 10 tubs of blackberries and so I made a batch of freezer jam. I painstakingly ran them through cheesecloth to get out a lot of the seeds and came away with 6 jars of jam for my efforts.



Then I promptly made this for me, Talon and Tanner and just like that, 1 jar is almost gone!




So yummy and so worth an hour of my time!


Blog signature

3 comments:

Carol Swift said...

She looks so cute with that style! I really need to do that co-op thing--my sister does it in UT all the time.

Krissy said...

Love the haircut Cynj! I've been thinking of cutting mine too, so her cut inspires me! Good job on making the jam. I've heard those produce co-ops are wonderful

gwen said...

The haircut is adorable! Great for summer. The jam looks yummy! Can I work at the coop? I would have made pies!