CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Boating

We love spending time on the boat at Wallowa Lake. There are so many grandkids old enough to do things now that we have to be patient and take turns. Our plan or attack is to have a liscensed boat driver take a small group for 2-3 hours and switch kids out. Sometimes we drop them off on a dock to swim around, sometimes we just let them play on the shore and sometimes we have designated switch times. This year, Garry and Randy were the designated boat drivers. An added bonus was that grandma bought two different sized water skiis and so the kids were able to try their hand at skiing instead of just tubing. Dock jumping,






Dock waiting,



Boat driving,


Talon was the first up on the skiis as he has skied before. So, he told all the younger boys the proper form and techniques on how to get up. He went in and out of the wake and skied one handed and tried slolam, but didn't have much luck.


They still loved tubing though, and the girls and the younger kids only tubed and didn't ski.







Lawson got up on his first attempt, Talon was a good teacher.

Taz found great success.



I promise Tanner and Trampis skied, but my camera was with my sister and I used my moms and forgot to get the pictures off it, but it did seem a little harder for those taller boys.




The weather was perfect and the boating was super fun this year.


Blog signature

3 comments:

kc and k said...

I heart boating!

kc and k said...

Cute background! I'm excited for Halloween!

gwen said...

Darn, I missed out on the boating because of my bad back! Next year better be better! I love boating and watching the tubing and skiing!