CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 9, 2011

A Golden Celebration

In December this year, my parents will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.  My brother had the idea that we should celebrate it this summer as it is easier for people to travel and get time off and the weather is better in August.  So since my whole family was there, we decided to throw them a celebration.  We reserved the church in La Grande, sent out invites and decorated with my sister Krissy's leftover reception decorations.  Mom's colors were pink, white and red and Krissy's were red, white and black, so we made it work.  We had a huge picture display that my two brother's and sister in law set up.
 We had a table displaying their various awards and trophy's through out their careers.
 We had a card table.
 And a big food table.  We decided to have a fruit and veggie tray and then made a bunch of different fun dips for them.  We also had crackers and a homemade cheese ball and dip and three different homemade salsas and chips and some fun mostly homemade snack foods such as chex type mixes and sweet snacks.  That was a lot of work, but fun trying the new recipes.
                                  
 We had just ordered cakes from Costco.  My mom's wedding cake was stacked rectangles with homemade sugar latices and pink flowers and we couldn't find anyone nearby to replicate the cake, so Costco was good enough.
 We had a great time visiting with all the extended family that came.  Here I am with my cousin Jennilynn from my mom's side and Taz of course.
 My dad is the oldest of 8 boys (two died shortly after birth) and all of his brothers were there.  So we got pictures.  My dad is the one in the red suspenders.  Then Dennis, Richard, Alan, Wayne and Reed.
 Here they are with their wives.  Mom, Peni, Martha Christy, Penny and Debbie.

My mom's the middle child of three girls and here she is with her sister Billie Jo.  Her other sister Jackie passed away a few years ago.  It was a fun evening and I'm glad they've set such a good example of a happy, complete marriage and the importance of family.  Happy 50 years!!
Blog signature

2 comments:

gwen said...

It was such a nice party, and fun! I protested, but they carried out their plan and it was great. A big THANK YOU to all of our kids!

Carol Swift said...

50 years! That's amazing and so worth a party.