CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 12, 2011

It was the best day ever!

As Sponge Bob would say: "it is the best day ever!"

I am now the mom of three eagle scouts!  Well, almost, yesterday Taz had his Eagle Project.  We painted a map on Weiner Elementary School.  Garry, Taz and I started at 6:30 by loading and arriving at the school.  We measured and rolled out the stencil and chalked the states onto the blacktop.


At 8 am the crew started showing up.  Cynjyn and Becca were the first to arrive with Talon and Tanner who promptly left to go buy donuts for the crew.


Us women were the supervisors.  These are my besties.  I love these gals.  Linda, Karen, Jen and Toni!!  Thanks for coming and helping.
Here is his fearless scout leader Charles reaching a spot that needs touched up with a little help from Don.
Lawson, Levi, Emily, Becca and Cynjyn painting the Great Lakes.
We were done with the project mostly by 10 am.   A few of us stayed around till 11.  At 1:00, me, Garry and Taz went back and outlined the map in white.  It took us two hours to do that.



Cynjyn and Becca cheered us on.
And here is the finished project.


So, now Taz is done.  He is still only a Life scout though and must wait until February 8th before he can turn in the Eagle application.  He needs two more campouts and then he's DONE!! Yay!
Blog signature

9 comments:

Carol Swift said...

What a great project! Nicely done and kudos to that great group for helping out!

Ixchelle said...

ok, I never check blogs anymorebut glad I checked yours...love the service project. It turned out so good. How are you kim?

Ron said...

super project! (any donuts left?) ha ha

Krissy said...

It looks great, nice job Taz (and helpers)! You guys made pretty good time too!

kc and k said...

Nice job, Taz! I'm excited for all your Eagles, Kim, cause I know how much work you did for them all. :) I hope to have two of my own someday.

Heather said...

Looks awesome Kim!

gwen said...

It was a great project and turned out so nice. I'll bet the kids were surprised when they arrived at school!! Congratulations to Taz, thanks to helpers, and congratulations to your family and your 3 Eagle Scouts!! I'm glad you all value scouting!

chris jenkins said...

Great project - kudos to Taz for getting it done!

Andrea said...

That looks great. I'll have to go check it out in person. Sorry we couldn't come and help.