CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A day late and a $ short!

Happy Valentines day! This year I decided to do a 14 days of Valentines for my husband.  I gathered a bunch of goodies and made cute signs to go with them and each day I left one for him to find starting on the first of Feb.  They had silly sayings like:  "You're one Kool dude" ( on the kool-aid sipies), and "You're a Funyun to be around".  etc.  It was fun and I think he liked finding a surprise each day.
We found the idea for Cynjyn's on a blog and took the picture.  I searched and searched for valentine candy corns which was what was in the original picture, but couldn't find any anywhere, so I made some white chocolate popcorn with pink sprinkles and we attached that to the photo.
Tanner said I had to top last years (the you make me snicker valentine) because all his friends loved it.  I didn't know what or how, so we brainstormed and came up with this and attached red hots to the photo.
Here are the finished products.
Taz didn't want to make a lot to give to his friends, so I made him this one to give to his special valentine.  It says:  I've got my eyes on you!  And yes, he NEEDS a haircut, I just haven't had time!
Cynjyn wore her homemade shirt and wanted her hair curled to match a couple of her friends.  She looked adorable.

She wanted to make her own valentine outfit this year, so she got an old pair of jeans and a black shirt and spent an evening decorating them with paints.  She did an excellent job, but when she went to put the jeans on, they didn't fit.  She had found a really old pair!  She was bummed. She put the shirt on for the picture and then took it off because it was too itchy:(
                                   
She had to make a valentine holder for school and this is what she came up with. I love it!



Blog signature

4 comments:

kc and k said...

Love it all!

gwen said...

You guys are sooooo creative! Such fun ideas! I love Valentine's Day, but mine was very uneventful : ( Your's brightened the day after, though!

Carol Swift said...

Such cute gift and card ideas!

Krissy said...

Love those valentine ideas!