CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Our week with Krissy and Brian

Krissy came down to visit us during her spring break, which was a week before our spring break. I already posted our big outing on Wednesday with a lunch of Pho and Hunger Games.  But we also did some other fun things.  I had to teach piano lessons on Monday from 2:30-6:00, so I suggested that the kids take Krissy to Popped and try that frozen popcorn.  Krissy thought it was weird and I'm still not sure if she liked it or not, but we all still think it's fun.

On Thursday, she was able to go to lunch with Talon and I at Tanner's school for his food production class.  It was a yummy Easter lunch with ham and funeral potatoes and asparagus and strawberry shortcake for dessert.
On Saturday, Brian wanted to go to Hoover Dam.  Cynjyn had never been, I hadn't been since we took my Grandma and Grandpa when they came up to Vegas for Taz's baby blessing.  Taz and Tanner had been in the last year, but we all went and it was fun and cool to look at.  The only problem was it was super windy that day.  Cynjyn brought her friend Alexa with us. 
Krissy and Tanner did not go over the bridge as they both have bridge phobias, but the rest of us did.  Cynjyn and Alexa were so excited when I told them they walked to Arizona that day!!

Here we are leaving Arizona and heading back to Nevada:)
It's crazy to think that that bridge in the background is the bridge we were just on!
So we walked down to the dam and we were looking ovet the edge and it was so windy...
Taz discovered he could spit and his spit would fly UP and off into the sky.  It was so funny, Garry tried to get a picture of it, but here he is spitting and you can't see the spit flying, but it was funny looking, you'll just have to take my word for it.
They had an exhibit near the dam and so we got some pictures there.
Here is a pretty view. 
This is a memorial to those who sacrificed their lives in the building of the bridge.  Cynjyn wanted a picture here because her great grandfather, my grandfather, my mom's dad helped build the Hoover Dam.  Luckily he wasn't one that sacrificed his life.
They have a compass and
Metal stars and planets in the ground set to scale of how they would be in the sky.  So we had each of the kids stand on one.

It was as fun outing and we were so glad Brian suggested going there.
Blog signature

5 comments:

gwen said...

I have always wanted to go to Hoover Dam, but it is always too hot when we are there! Sounds interesting, My dad would have been proud to show you around! We always stopped at dams for an educational lecture when we were traveling! I would also love to go to one of Tanner's luncheons! I know Krissy enjoye her stay with you!

gwen said...

I have always wanted to go to Hoover Dam, but it is always too hot when we are there! Sounds interesting, My dad would have been proud to show you around! We always stopped at dams for an educational lecture when we were traveling! I would also love to go to one of Tanner's luncheons! I know Krissy enjoye her stay with you!

Krissy said...

Ya, the frozen popcorn was bizarre! It kind of freaked me out! Tanner, I want your recipes from that lunch (rolls and desserts especially! Well, I may not have crossed that ridiculous bridge, but I did walk across the actual dam which was pretty high so u have to give me some credit! It was a fun week thanks for everything!

Krissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Swift said...

I've not even gone out to see the new bridge--don't want to! I'd have to close my eyes to go across so what's the point. ;O) Thanks for the pics--now I don't have to go.