CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2011

Prayers are answered

I lost them. I borrowed Garry's church keys to take one of my piano students to the church on Wednesday. She was playing in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday and I wanted her to practice on the church piano. She did great by the way. Then we went on with our week.

On Thursday we went to Buffalo Bills out in Primm. They were offering free ride passes to local NV. residents. We took Bethany and Hansen so Taz and Cynjyn would have a riding partner.
We stayed from 12:30-6:00 and even though they only have 5 rides, we had fun!









On Friday, I took the kids (Bethany, Becca and Cynjyn and I ) to Mr. Poppers Penguins and (Taz and Hansen) to Thor. Then we came back here and the girls played Wii and Twister and swam.




At 5, Taz's other friends, Michael, Sierra and Sophia came over. We fed all 8 of them burgers and hot dogs, chips and fruit and then Taz and his friends watched a movie and danced on the Wii till 9 when everyone went home.




Saturday, we spent the day getting Taz ready for scout camp. He had to have his pack ready to go by 6:00pm and loaded. They were going to take off Sunday right after church. So, Garry and Taz went to the church and got all loaded. Afterwards, Garry wanted his keys back to the church, I went to get them and they weren't on my key chain. Somehow, somewhere between Wednesday and Saturday night I had lost them. We spent the next two hours tearing the house apart looking for them. I knew they had to have fallen off my key chain and so I figured looking around the house was futile, but it got a good cleaning while we all looked. I prayed numerous times to Heavenly Father asking him to help me remember where they were or to bring to my memory where they were if it was in me. I went to bed feeling ill about loosing them. Sunday morning I had a dream right before I woke up. This was the dream: I was at church for the day. We had just finished our meetings and I had left my new shoes (I had bought new church shoes earlier in the week) in the YW room, so I went there after the meetings and the keys were inside my new shoes. My eyes popped open at 6:30 am and I thought to myself, the keys have to be at the church! I either didn't put them on my key ring, or they fell off the caribeener I keep them on. Garry was already gone to bishopric meetings, I went early with Maggie so she could practice. I looked where I had put them in the chapel and my heart sank, they were not there! After Sacrament meeting Garry came over and said they had found his keys when they were cleaning the chapel Saturday morning!! My prayer was answered! That is the first time I have had something like that happen to me and I was so grateful I immediatly said another prayer thanking Him for helping me!! After church, we said goodbye to Taz. He will be gone until next Saturday at Fiesta Island in San Diego to scout camp. This is a big step for him, his first one and gone all week from family. I never worried about Talon and Tanner at scout camps because Garry was always Scout leader and with them on ALL their camps. But he won't be going until Wednesday this week and Taz will be alone. I hope my second prayer is answered and he has a wonderful time and isn't too homesick.





Blog signature

2 comments:

gwen said...

Neat story and testimony of prayer. So glad you found your keys! Yes, Taz does tend to get homesick. Hope he makes it to Wednesday. Garry buckled and decided to go, huh?

chris jenkins said...

Prayers have been answered many of time for our family in regard to missing keys, missing passport, etc. Prayer does work! So glad the missing keys turned up. Looks like your kids are having a busy, fun summer. Hope all goes well with Scout Camp and upcoming Girls' Camp.