CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 12, 2011

Are you calling me UGLY??

Saturday, we were invited to an Ugle Sweater party. Garry's work had one last year and he said the winner had really "uglied" up their sweater by making it pretty garish. So Friday, he hit DI and found some ugly stuff.  He wanted to do "Olive the other reindeer" which is a childrens book about a dog named Olive who listened to the song Rudolph and always thought she was the other reindeer.  So he found a dog and some antlers.  I printed out the words on vinyl with my cricut and he garished it up with some garland. 
For our second sweater, Garry thought he'd make some heads to put on the shoulders, that made me thing of the angel and devil concience on one's shoulders which lead to Santa and Mrs. Clause which ended up with Santa and his Naughty and Nice list.  We had a "Grumpy Santa" stuffed toy where you pushed his hand and he said not so nice things.  I didn't really like it, so I encouraged Garry to cut it apart and use it.  I texted Andrea and got the names of all the guests and we made a naughty list with their names on it and a nice list with Garry and Kim on it. We decorated the sleeves with a snowman found at DI and some tinsel wrapped in battery operated lights.  I made a hat by gluing a gingerbread house onto a headband. 
And this is what the backs looked like.

We are officially ready to go!  By the way, Garry had lights around his collar and his hat lit up too.
Here are all the girls that attended the party, I don't know why the men didn't pose?!
Karen, MaryAnne and I were the three that had embelished our sweaters.  We all won a prize!  I won best overall sweater!
Here I am with Andrea, the lovely host and Toni (We called her Shaniqua all night!) who won Ugliest sweater
It was a fun night!  We just ate and visited and posed for pictures all night with good friends.
Blog signature

5 comments:

kc and k said...

I love Toni's sweater-so ugly! Looks like you had a great time. Good job on your sweaters! They turned out great too.

Krissy said...

I saw those pictures on facebook and thought you guys looked great--in a hilarious way! Garry's especially made me laugh.

Ron said...

Men don't "pose", no evidence for later blackmail use. ha cool sweaters, though.

Carol Swift said...

Looks like fun!

gwen said...

I saw this idea in People Magazine's Christmas special edition. Fun idea and good sweaters!!