CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 10, 2011

I had my piano recital Monday night. I had my students gather afterwards for a photo.  I have 24 students.  One had to leave early and some just started so they didn't play in this recital.  I always forget to take a picture of my food spread, it's quite a job getting ready for the recital.  I provide all the food afterwards as my gift back to the families.  This time, I started Friday by making the "gifts" I give to my students and then spent all weekend making the food for that night.  I had two crockpots of Lil Smokies, homemade salsa and chips, cajun snack mix, cheese and crackers, grapes, baby carrots, grape tomatoes and pickles with dip, mini cream puffs, fudge, homemade caramels, sin cake, rice krispie treats, a big bowl of muddy buddies, crystal light/diet 7UP drink and water.  The recital went well and the kids were done playing in an hour.  I am always amazed that I make it through such a busy time of year and that all my students and their families show up and do so well.  I take December off before I start up with lessons again in January. 
These are the treats I gave to my students.  I made a big batch of fudge and poured it into cookie cutters and put some mini M&M's on top and wrapped them in cellophane bags.  It's always hard for me to come up with a new idea to give out for my students, but I saw these and thought they were cute.
Blog signature

3 comments:

gwen said...

I know--you only have recitals so you can show off your talent with food!! Seriously, 24 students must keep you very busy after school!! I know you do a good job and the kids like you, so you are doing a service in teaching future musians for primary, young men and women, relief society and sacrament meetings! Hopfully, one or two will become ward organists, too!

Carol Swift said...

24 students? Wow! Love the fudgy ornament.

Krissy said...

I bet it was a great show with yummy treats!