CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 10, 2012

My one week in the Great Northwest!

Since I was scheduled to go to girls camp again this year and Taz had EFY and Scout Camp monopolizing our June, I was only able to spend one week at "home".   We opted to spend the week in Boise so I wouldn't have to travel the extra three hours to Oregon.  Plus, it makes me sad to only be able to spend a few days there when I'm used to spending weeks there.  I was dropping all three kids off to spend the summer with Aunts, uncles cousins and grandparents.  I was going back to LV at the end of the week and they would return the end of July!
We spent a day at Roaring Springs water park.  That is always fun, plus we say our friends the Davis' from Vegas who were there with family from Boise.

Taz got to help Brian with some chores (That comes with owning a house on 4 acres).  He loved it though, he got to slowly drive the 4 wheeler around while Brian sprayed for weeds.
Friday, we drove to Shoshone where my brother lives and he showed us some of the sights in that area.  We went to the Ice Cave.  They had a little trading post where you waited for the tour to begin. 
Then, it was a small hike to the actual cave.  It was rainy and overcast that day.
You hiked down a set of stone steps to get to the cave entrance.  That is the door by Cynjyn.
Inside the cave averages 28 degrees.  You walk on these small suspension bridges suspened over the ice which is 16 feet of solid ice.  The temperature inside the cave never changes no matter what it's doing outside!

Tanner's face tells the real story how he feels about bridges!

Don't they look fun to walk on.  Taz and Cynj loved them.

It was cold in there and fun.

Then we went to the falls by Twin Falls.  They were beautiful and I've driven through TF many times, but have never gone to see them.





The kids and Krissy and grandma and grandpa went back to Boise from there and I spent the night at Robert's since I was leaving bright and early the next morning for Vegas.  Although it was a short trip, we did a lot of cool things.  I was grateful for my week there.

2 comments:

Carol Swift said...

You take the best vacations!

Krissy said...

I thought the icecave and water falls were very interesting