CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 2, 2013

October

October went by super fast. At least for me! I love it when Cynjyn is in a snuggly mood, it doesn't happen very often!
When Tanner moved out, I thought I'd have less mouths to feed.  I was excited, but then Talon moved in and with him came Mikel almost every night for dinner, I don't mind at all, but it's funny how life throws you curve balls.
Cynjyn had project to work on and used our tracer that hasn't been used in awhile.
In August I ordered Garry and I tickets to Brett Michaels at the Henderson Pavilion.  It was on a Wednesday night and he was recording it for I believe one of his TV shows.  There weren't a lot of people there.  We happened to get 4th row tickets. 


We had an excellent view and he sang all our favorite songs.  BUT, we forgot ear plugs, so our ears were plugged and ringing by the time it was over.
Totally worth it though and
we were home by 10pm. No smoky smell, no cursing, it was a perfect concert.
Remember that snow cone machine, it came with two powdered syrups that you add to water.  Cynjyn tried it out and it wasn't very good at all, but we can't find any normal syrups because it's the wrong time of year, so we haven't used it much.
Random picture of C watching TV upstairs.
The day after Brett Michaels, I had to play a really hard song for choir at the Open House.  I had practiced for hours and hours and still couldn't play it very well, but I made it through and made C take a picture of me with it after it was over.
Cynjyn is so creative when it comes to her fingernails.  She does them herself and always does such a cute job.  Here she painted stuff that turned into skeleton's when she put her fingers together.  So cute.
In October, Rob, Jodi, Trey, Trey's friend and Mom and Dad came down for the weekend.  Mom and Dad stayed extra to watch Taz perform at a football game and to go to a cross country meet.  Of course Trey and David wanted to swim.  We heated up the Jacuzzi, but not the pool for them!  They are crazy!!
We went to the football game on Friday night and it was very windy and cold.  We brought our jacket's and blankets and snuggled in for the night!

Since you can't really see the band spell out their words on the field, Taz let everyone watch it on Facebook from a video that someone taped.  It's pretty cool because they spell out live, life, love at different times throughout their performance.

Dad is always so generous and took us out to Claim Jumper for dinner one night.  It was super good.


After dinner, mom, dad and Rob's family were going to see Beatles LOVE, but mom must have eaten something with Dairy at the restaurant and so she was in the bathroom all night and I went in her place.  It was a very good show and I really enjoyed it.
We played a lot of games while they were here and of course, Cynjyn painted my nails while I was playing one day.
Taz cut his finger at band one night and it bled for a long time.  When he got home, Garry super glued it together.
It still looked nasty though.
Garry, Taz and I got to go to a few of the girls volleyball games.  Taz knows a lot of people on JV and likes to support his friends.  He's a good guy.
It didn't seem like there were a lot if football games at home this year, but we enjoyed watching Taz perform at the ones that we went to.
Cynjyn had tryouts for Hollywood Kids and she got the part of Genie.  She really wanted it and was sooo happy to find out the she got it!
She braided my hair one day and I loved it.
But alas, I have some short strands and so it fell out after only a few hours.
Our book club is still going.  I think we started it in 2002.  We had a fun night this month at Heather's house.
I caught this picture of C asleep one day after school.  She get's up super early for her now that she is in Jazz Band.
Selfie of me at work, some day's I am so bored it's not even funny!
Remember those cakes the kids made this summer?  We needed some room in the freezer, so I took one out and it was still delicious!
The three of us went to see Gravity this month!  We haven't been to a movie in awhile, so it was nice to get out to one and it was a good movie.
Taz has been babysitting a lot of dogs lately.  This was his first time with Jack.  He loved him so much.  He is a shedder though and got hair everywhere and one day we were gone for a few hours and we had just gone to Sam's and while we were gone, Jack got the 2-pack of baguettes and a package of bagels we'd left on the cupboard and ate them all!!  It was crazy and felt like we had a little kid again and couldn't keep things out!
Cynjyn and Becca decided early in the month to be Thing 1 and Thing 2 for Halloween. So we got them red shirts and leggings an they wanted to make a light blue tutu to go with it, so they spent a Saturday doing that.


Cynjyn had YW in Excellence and it was a Hollywood night theme and the girls were to dress all fancy.  We found this sparkly shirt at Good will and she and I enjoyed a night out.  Garry had to go to YM, so he didn't attend.  We had a variety of soups and salads for dinner with rolls and then each girl was spotlighted as they walked the red carpet.  It was cute and a fun evening.

C has been begging to go to the Asian market and so we had a few day's off school towards the end of October and I took her.  She went a little crazy, but everything was yummy!
Taz enjoyed doing his homework outside in the cooler weather one Saturday.  He's had a band competition almost every weekend this month. 
And that's October!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That snow cone maker looks pretty cool! I bet you could make a simple syrup with sugar and some candy flavoring for it? And I think having someone to paint my nails and braid my hair is in the top 5 reasons I'd want to have a girl! :) I guess I will just need to borrow some every now and then! Oh, and your blog recap of the past couple months is great, maybe it'll inspire me to catch up my blog!

Carol Swift said...

I love reading all your family events. I'm like Lindsay...maybe it will inspire me to catch up my personal blog. Maybe...or not!

Ronngwen said...

I, too, love it when you update your blog!!