CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 12, 2019

My weird summer

I had the end of June to almost the end of July free from watching Jaxon. Talon is on an 11 month schedule, so I was able to go to Oregon. The weird thing about it was that I didn't have any of my kids with me. Tanner had summer school and Taz and Cynjyn were working. I was originally going to go the second week of July, but Cynjyn decided to try her hand at beauty pageants and so I had to leave a little early than I'd wanted and come back before her pageant. It all worked out though and I had a great time. I spent a few days in Boise because I flew in and in that time, I enjoyed walks with purple in bloom. Krissy and I put together a new bed for Annalyn that she'd gotten from IKEA and we found some licorice ice cream! Kres was at scout camp while I was there and Ky had to work, so Krissy and I took Beckham, Annalyn and B's neighbor Chloe to the zoo for the day. Annalyn got to feed the giraffes and the butterfly exhibit was open so we got to go through that. We tried a cupcake place too. Krissy had had it before, but I got four that sounded good to me so I could try them over the next few days.  After Boise, we headed to LG for a while.























I had "booked" the cabin for July 1-3 and was anxious to get up to see it and spend some time there. Mom had prepped food and we set off Sunday for our next few days in Paradise. Ky stayed in Boise, so we had K and B. We had a great time. We road 4 wheelers and went down to Marley Creek and walked to Eric's where grandpa gave us a history of the farm and buildings there. I loved the sunrises, sunsets and wildflowers. I would get up at 4:30 and walk outside to watch the sunrise, then go back to bed. I slept in the room with twin beds with Beckham and mom and Kres slept in Rob and Jodi's room, Dad stayed in LG and Kris and Annalyn slept in Krissy's trailer that is up there permanently now. We loved seeing the old paper's covering the little house as they had interesting articles and ads. it was from 1928 if I remember correctly. We videoed dad telling the stories and I had games for K, B and A especially while we were at Marley Creek because they got bored quickly. I had them find things like a stick with leaves still on it, a pine cone bigger than their fist, a flat rock etc. They also got points for spotting deer and elk on our nightly rides and when they earned enough points, I would by them a candy of their choice after we got back to town and also a fire work for 4th of July. So that kept them busy and entertained. We did promise a fire at one point and finally made that happen during the day so the kids could roast marshmallows. I had the kids all start a little fire for points then I nursed Kres's and got a good size fire. The kids were too impatient to wait for coals for the good marshmallows! But I was patient.



















































No comments: