CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Spirit Week






Let me preface this entry by giving a little info. About 4 weeks ago, I said to Tanner, "You really need a hair cut this weekend." He blew me off two weekends in a row. Finally, I said, "Tanner, you really need a haircut this weekend." He then told me that spirit week was coming up and he really wanted to mowhawk his hair for crazy hair day and could he please hold off on the haircut until after crazy hair day!! So finally this was spirit week:
Day 1--pajama day (it comes with a story of course!)
We had gone to bed normally on Monday night, Garry didn't have to work Tuesday, so Talon got the car for seminary. I heard a paper sack crinkling early in the morning and was wondering why Talon was making himself a lunch since he NEVER takes lunch to school. I didn't think much of it because I was pretty tired. Then I heard the clomping of shoes coming into our bedroom and was wondering what Talon could possibly need. I asked and Tanner (to my surprise) answered saying he was doing his hair for school. I sat up, looked at the clock and it was 1:53 am!! I said, "Tanner, it's two o'clock in the morning!" He said, "It is?? Then why did my alarm go off?" I didn't know and he went back to bed, he'd already made his lunch and packed his backpack! Then I heard Talon get up and leave for seminary at 5:55 AM. Just a little bit later, I heard clomping in our room again, I looked at the clock thinking how fast the time had gone since Talon had left and Tanner gets up (He gets up at 7:15). I looked at my clock and it was 6:15 am. Garry said "What are you doing?" Again came the reply, "Doing my hair." I said "It's 6:15!" He actually argued with me and said "No it isn't!!" We convinced him it was and he huffed on up to bed once again. Finally at 7:25 am, I had to wake him up as he'd slept through his third alarm!!!
Day 2: Team jersey day (Eagles shirt and 49ers jacket)
Day 3: Crazy hair day!! (It took us 15 min. to do it!!)
Day 4: Schofield Middle school day (wore his PE shirt!)
Now it is heading into another weekend and he WILL be getting that hair cut!!

5 comments:

kc and k said...

Soooo Funny! Tanner looks great, and I'm glad he waited to cut his hair! His expressions (or lack of) crack me up!

kc and k said...

Soooo Funny! Tanner looks great, and I'm glad he waited to cut his hair! His expressions (or lack of) crack me up!

kc and k said...

I have no idea why it doubled my comment? I guess I got it from Mom:)

gwen said...

Ky, what are y ou tryihg to say? the hair is hillarious and Ella and Trampis also enjoyed it. We all think it would have been hillarious with Tanner's stoic expression. Did he win a prize?

kc and k said...

That was a good one, Mom! You're funny.