CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 26, 2012

New year, New look!

I don't know what it is about January, but when it hits, I just want Christmas down and a new look! This year was no different.  After we got back from our road trip, Garry had a few days off and I made him take down my main wall in our living room.  I had been wanting a new look for quite awhile and had been brewing some ideas in my head.
I found a tutorial for these $10.00 ledges on Pinterest, so Garry was kind enough to make them for me in a timely manner and attack them to the wall.  Because my ceilings are so high in this room, I wanted to take advantage of all the height. 
Here is a close up.  My brother's wife (the one we helped move) was getting rid of some stuff, so I inherited it (actually I asked if I could have it!!).  I took home from our trip the magnet board in the middle and the Be's plaque on the left.
My sister Krissy painted these portraits of our kids for Garry and I for Christmas.  They turned out so good and I was so happy they fit perfectly between our window and window cubby.
I kept this wall about the same except added the Tree of Life picture to it since I'd taken it down from the other side.
We moved our big TV (someday we'll get a thinner updated one) to in front of the fireplace that is useless.  It is a little taller than the mantel, so I had to have some decorations with height to balance it out.
My mom got me the vase in the middle for Christmas thinking it would go good on our new dinning room table, but I thought it was perfect for the mantel.
I took apart the sectional and put it in three different places in the room.
It makes the room seem bigger to me, but the biggest couches are on the sides, so it's not as comfortable watching TV with more than a couple of people on the couch.  I love the new look!
Blog signature

4 comments:

gwen said...

I love your new look,too! January needs a few pick-me-ups!! You did a great job, and I love the plcement of the kids' potraits! Now come do my house!

Carol Swift said...

I love what you did on the tall walls--they are hard to know what to do with. This has made me want to do something new. Hmmmm.....

kc and k said...

Me too, me too-I want something new. Your new look looks good!

Krissy said...

Fun changes! You have inspired me to want to FINALLY finish decorating my house.