CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rain in Vegas!




I LOVE it when it rains here. We don't get rain that often, as a matter of fact this weekend was probably our first real rainfall of the year. I was coming out of Wal-Mart at the peak of the rain storm and slowly walked to my car enjoying every minute of my walk in the rain (it was cold and I had goosebumps and my sandals were soaked!!). BUT, it happened to be the day of the Father and Son's outing for our ward. Garry and the boys were heading to Valley of Fire for the night. Being the troopers they are, they did go, they set up the tent and it promptly filled with about an inch of water, so they ended up sleeping in the Suburban. The above pictures are ones Tanner took from his phone, so sorry about the quality, but I think you get the idea. Now, Garry was never an Eagle scout, but he should have been. He went up to the campout fully prepared for the rain, so him and the boys stayed dry and had changes of clothes and were set and ready!! (The same can't be said for some of the other father and sons up there soaking wet and miserable).
Cynjyn and I had a great time with our girls night. We went to Olive Garden with Joann and Sarah Wikle and then we came home, changed into pajamas and went to the Wikles' for movie night. They had rented Shirley Temple in Heidi and we settled in on pillows with blankets and surrounded by a stuffed animal collection and a bowl of popcorn we were all too full to eat!!
Well, no one ever told me Shirley Temple movies were so sad. Cynjyn started crying as soon as Heidi got seperated from her Grandfather and taken to Clara's house. Sarah was trying her best to console her. Sarah is 10 and Cynj is 7, it was pretty funny when Sarah said: "Cynjyn, when I was your age, this movie made me cry too." By the time Heidi was reunited with her Grandfather, Cynjyn was sobbing and almost missed it. So, needless to say, it was 10 pm by then, so we left and went home. She settled down and was happy to sleep with me in my bed for the night.

1 comment:

gwen said...

good for garry! they should give honorary eagle awards!poor cyng! bt fun idea!