CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Cub Scout day camp

Cub Scout day camp started June 6-9 4:00pm-8:00pm.  I was in charge of concessions again and Garry helped me set up and borrow the stuff from Lorrie Moss and I had bought all the goodies and was ready to go.

 Cynjyn and Tanner came to help during the dinner rush this year. Tanner replaced Taz who helped last year.

 On the last night, we as a Stake Primary Presidency put on the dinner for the scouts and their families.  Toni and Shawna had chosen to do pastas.  Toni and I precooked the pasta and boy was there a lot of pasta in the fridge.
 The theme was bugs this year and so I made bug signs to go on all the food. 
 Some of the bugs I had never heard of, but googled slice of bread shaped bug and Kudzo came up, so he went with the garlic bread!

 We had a red sauce and an alfredo sauce and meatballs and chicken to add on top if they wanted.  Two different pastas: bowtie, (butterfly) and cork screw (caterpillars), cesar salad, different flavors of bread and lemonade and water.

 For dessert we got these big tubs of ice cream and the kids really loved that.
 Tanner was in charge of scooping the Rocky Road and his hand had chocolate ice cream all over it and was semi frozen in the scooping position by the time he was done.
 After camp was over, Toni, Shawna and I gathered to make thank you's for the adults who helped us put in on each year.  They got mini Nothing Bundt cakes for their efforts.
Rose, who is the director, delivered us thank you's for helping.  Garry and I got bug key chains and Tanner and Cynjyn got $5.00 gift cards to Yogurtland.  It is always a lot of work and very hot, but I do enjoy it once I get there.

No comments: