CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

La Jolla Tournament





Our trip to La Jolla for Talon's tournament was fun. We left at 7:00 am Friday morning and got there around 11:30. We went to the motel and checked in and went right to the Beach. The first beach we went to was Shell beach and there were shells everywhere. Cynjyn was in Heaven!! There were also a lot of tide pools and this beach and Taz was able to see tons of hermit crabs (he loves them!!). In the motel, Tanner and Cynjyn slept in one queen size bed, Garry and I in the other and Taz was on an air mattress inbetween the beds. We were exhausted and fell right to sleep that first night. The next day, we went to Seal beach and watched the Seals, they were so cute and even saw some pups. Then we went to a beach by Talon's motel and the kids loved that. Taz got to Boogie Board, and we just hung out there all evening Saturday and all day the next day. We left La Jolla around 3:00 and got home around 8:00. Expensive, quick but worth it all for the enjoyment the kids had at the cold, windy beach.

4 comments:

kc and k said...

Oh, I really want to go to the beach! Good job at making fun memories even if it was expensive!

kc and k said...

Did you get new sunglasses as well?

garrynkim said...

Yes, I got prescription sunglasses! I feel like mom now. I had an old pair of glasses that I never wore because I didn't like the nose guard and the transitioning lenses, so I turned them into Sunglasses at my last appointment. I like them.

gwen said...

I agree with KY--fun, fun memories.. I will say, when you reach my age, your kids might tel you they never did anything fun! I love my sunglasses!