CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It all started with a cow...





A couple of years ago, my mom and dad gave each of their children a cow and a calf for Christmas. It was an investment as my dad would farm the cows each year and sell the calves in the fall and we would get an annual check from our cow sale...the gift that keeps on giving! I had suggested to my mom that she start giving her grandkids something valuable for Christmas as opposed to the latest toy that would just get outgrown. So she actually took my advice and started giving the grandsons coins towards a coin collection. My dad is a coin collector and my grandmother was too. Mom was afraid the boys wouldn't appreciate the value of this gift. So we had a long talk with after they got their first collection about how valuable it would be in the future and they have appreciated them ever since. The first year, mom got the granddaughters collectable dolls. This year they got collectable fairies but my dad got into the "joy" of purchasing these collectables and decided to get all the grandkids a coin set. Cynjyn was very excited to finally be included in the coin collecting. A few days after Christmas with nothing better to do, they all three got out their collection and carefully put it together oohhin and awwing over the various coins. It was a fun experience for them and they all really enjoyed it. So a big thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for the collections!

1 comment:

gwen said...

That's a lot of coins! I'm so glad they are enjoying their collections!