CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 15, 2008

It's all about family





















Here I am holding Chocolate, helping her get to know Krissy's dog Lola.








A beautiful day at the park.















Bellagio gardens all decked out for Christmas.































Cynjyn being very modest as she takes a bath with Kresimir. (I have some pix of my sisters in suits bathing with Talon I'll have to find and post at some point.)












Taz and Cynjyn love Kres so much. They totally play with him and take care of him when he is here. I think it is a nice break for my sister and Kres LOVES them too.




























I just really appreciate my family so much. When I was growing up, I was the oldest grandchild and we lived within 50 miles of my grandparents and 5 uncles and aunts and all my cousins. I grew up surrounded by extended family. My only dream in life was to marry a farmer, have 12 children and live close to family. Well, as we all know, life doesn't always happen the way we envision, but I never thought I'd live 900 miles from "home". When I started having children, I would make it a point to go "home" every summer so that my children would know they had support and love from network of extended family. Luckily, I have a very supportive husband who agrees with me that our children should spend time in Oregon with family. So, he becomes a bachlor for most of the summer (I think he secretly enjoys the quiet, clean house although I know he misses us), and we experience the country life. I have always appreciated that my family makes an effort to be a part of our lives here in Vegas too. They travel down here for many things. Grandma and Grandpa have come down for sporting events, blessings, baptisms and ordinations. My sisters have always made the effort to come down as much as possible too. They will never know how much that means to me! I get so jealous of my friends here who have their extended family right here in town. I hope they realize how lucky they are. It takes money, time and effort to be so involved in extended families lives and I love my parents and sisters for making that effort. That said, the above pictures are just some of the events we jammed into our three day weekend we spent together.














4 comments:

gwen said...

It was a great time together, and, as usual, was hard to leave! We always love coming to Vegas and love it when you come "home". I would love to be in LV today, since it is 2 degrees and we have a foot of snow!! You're right, "It's all about family" love you all!

kc and k said...

I told Kres it was Talon's birthday today and unfortunately he thought we were going to your house in Vegas for the celebration. He said "we're going to talon's house and kreshie, and tazzy and cynjy be so happy!" I guess that says it all!

He was also looking at the pictures and said "where's the swimming pool?" I don't make this stuff up.

Too bad we don't have unlimited free flights to Vegas.

Carol Swift said...

You have such a cute family! I love how sweet your kids are to their cousin. Thanks for sharing your family moments.

Chris said...

I'd love to be in Vegas too! -20 degrees here. It IS hard to be far away from family...we just mapquested and we're 723 miles from home. Fun to see you all get together!