CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The joys of summer



Taz has some friends that are at that ripe old age of pranking. So we were fortunate (for the second time this year) to be the recipients of their sleepless nights. I had actually got home from book club (at 12:30am) and had seen their designs the night before, so this is Taz and Cynjyn seeing it for the first time.







They thought it was cool and funny until I made them clean it up all by themselves!!




Our ward had small group dinners Friday night. Garry was on an 11 year old campout with Taz, so I went solo with the wife of another 11 year old campouter. I had to bring a dessert and so I made Snickers Triffle. It was a hit and I had never made it before. Super easy!!





Garry had spent all of Thursday night throwing up. Literally. He woke up at 2:00am with terrible stomach cramps and threw up basically nonstop until around 5 am. So he skipped work and slept all day until 3, when he got up still feeling pretty weak, but proceeded to get ready and leave for the campout at 4. This was a stake campout so he was just going as Taz's dad. They go up to tour some mines and then do the canooing merit badge. They actually ended up having fun.














Blog signature

3 comments:

gwen said...

I remember the days when you wasted a lot of TP!! It might not have been Taz's friends--"Maybe it was Ollie Elf," As Kres might say. Cynjyn's hair is CUTE, and you didn't blog it Looks like the campout was fun, sorry Garry was so sick!

Ron said...

Ahhh, memories. TP and canoeing with scouts; like the times we put in below Hoover Dam and paddled down to Cottonwood Cove. Glad Garry made it.

Carol Swift said...

My friend's parents were visiting when her house was TP'd. Her mom couldn't believe that it meant someone LIKES you when they do this to you. I've had a couple kids out doing the TPing late at night and the police were called. Luckily, they don't have a record since they weren't ever caught. :O) Yummy dessert (I would have been your "date" just so I could have had some trifle!) What a trouper Garry is!