CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 19, 2009

A Day in my Life

My funny friend Carol blogged a day in her life with pictures. I commented that my life would be too boring, but I guess it makes a good blog post so here is a day in my life last Thursday, January15th, 2009: Here I am having just got up and dressed. Always in my walking clothes!
One of the smartest things I did for my own sanity this past September when school started, was to make a rule that the kids had to make their own lunches for the day. I was sooooo sick of making three lunches everday! So here are Taz and Cynjyn making their lunch for the day.

I briefly went upstairs to get the dirty clothes to do some laundry and found Cynjyn and Taz's room looking like this. I chose to ignore it and tell them they had to clean their room after school!


I went to wake up Tanner for school. It is mid-term week and he has two finals today. He usually gets himself up at 6:30 and I take him to school by 7:00 and then I go on my walk. But today, he didn't have his early bird class and I didn't have preschool, so I was going on my walk later and thought Tanner slept through his alarm. I got up there and found him like this. He had thrown up 4 times: 2:00am, 5:00 am, 6:30 am and 7:00 am. So I worried about him all day missing his mid-terms! (He was better Friday and made them up and all is well now)




As I came downstairs I noticed the family picture wall looking like this and immediatly went to ask Taz why he obliterated Tanner's pictures with NERF darts?? He said he was mad at Tanner because last night he wouldn't let him play with his IPHONE!!




Since the lunch basket was still on the counter, I took the chance to refill it with some recent lunch purchases. (This is the lunch basket that they are not allowed to snack out of, it is only for lunches. The kids have to have a sandwich or yogurt, fruit and then they can pick a "goodie" out of the lunch basket!)





I took the two healthy kids to school and said good-bye to Taz...







Good-bye to Cynjyn...







Then came home and went on my walk!









I spent the morning doing some laundry, painting my nails and putting some nail art stickers on them that I "borrowed" from Cynjyn (she got some for Christmas).







I had bought a few days before some ground beef that was on sale at Smith's, so I boiled that up and bagged it in one pound bags and stuck it in the freezer for future quick dinners.























I went to lunch bunch and even had my camera in my purse and forgot to take pictures. Lunch Bunch is a mid-week enrichment activity where once a month, our group meets at various restaurants around town for lunch and conversation. I love this mid-week activity and always go. We had a small group today: Janice Reese, Debra Degraw, Laverne Reid, Lea Berenyi and me, but it was at Claim Jumper and we had fun conversation! Then I took Taz to his orthodontist appointment, Cynjyn stayed here with Talon and Tanner. Garry took a group of youth to the local homeless shelter to feed the homeless (this is a service project our ward does twice a year). By now, I am completly forgetting to take pictures (sorry Carol), everyone fended for themselves for dinner since Talon and Tanner were sick, Garry was gone and Taz, Cynj and I weren't very hungry. So there you have it, you can wake up now that you've fallen asleep from my boring routine day!! Hope you had a nice nap:)










4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think we all think our own lives are so boring, so that's why we read other people's blogs. Or because we're just nosy.

I do the ground beef thing too, with chicken as well, it's such a time saver!

Carol Swift said...

I'm a little/lot nosy AND boring. This was fun! I loved seeing what you do and I have to say, I am jealous. Lunch with friends, cooking, walking, and I love that basket thing you do. Thanks for showing me what a day in the life of Kim is like.

Kathy said...

Never a boring life...
That was the cutest post...
I'd forget all day to take pictures...you did a great job!

I like your beef idea...never thought of that...but, my freezer is still full of those darn turkeys (call me when you want a turkey and I'll trade you for some beef!)

gwen said...

You actually get a lot done in a day You deserve lunch out with the girls once a month Nice nails! It's actually a fun idea!