Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentines, cruises, and birthdays, oh my!!

I got everyone a small treat for Valentines day and a note. This is what they woke up to.
Monday morning, we headed out of town to Long Beach for our four day cruise. We were all excited to go again. We got into LB around 1:30 and after going through check-in and everything, here we are finally getting ready to board the boat at 3:00!!
The first thing we did was eat because we hadn't had anything since we left LV at 9 am.

Taz and Cynjyn, but mostly Taz were so happy to be enjoying the unlimited ice cream machine.

We set sail at sunset and watched the ship leave the dock, it was kind of cold, but cool to watch the ship leave.

Our first stop was Catalina Island. Last year the weather was so bad that we didn't go off the ship. But this year it was about 80 degrees, sunny and gorgeous weather. We rented a 6 man golf cart and took a self guided tour around the island. It takes about an hour and boy did we enjoy it. We even stopped at one point and let Tanner drive the cart even though you were supposed to be 25 and liscened to drive. We're such rebels!! Tanner loved it.

The drive goes up the hill to the top of Catalina and so we stopped and took pictures of the pretty view. You can see our ship in the background. It anchors there and then we take tenders into the island.

After the tour we let Taz and Cynjyn play on their little beach in the ocean for about an hour, while we relaxed in the sun.

This was elegant night at our formal dining. We all got dressed up. The family sharing out table with us was from Sacramento and they had three boys, an 11 yr. old, a 6 yr. old and an 18 month old. We had a lot of fun getting to know them and had fun conversation every night at dinner. Taz and Cynjyn even hung out with their oldest at other times on the cruise.

Our second stop was Ensenada. We had done an excursion there last year, so this year we decided to just stay on the ship this time. That was a good choice because there weren't many people aboard and we had the run of the ship. We played a lot of Shuffle Board and mini golf and let the kids swim and Tanner, Garry and I went to the game room and played a lot of Gin Rummy and Nertz and even some Hand and Foot.

Taz took a picture of the sunset that night.

One of the nightly shows was a comedian show. This guy, Kyle Wayne is actually based here in Vegas. He is a vetriloquist and he was kind of funny. They stayed after for pictures, so Taz and Cynjyn took the opportunity for that.

This is Jerome and he was hilarious!! Taz laughed so hard he had a little leakage going on!! He was way better than Kyle Wayne. The other nights, the shows were dancing and singing. One night was country and one was rock and roll. During the r and r show, Tanner got pulled up on stage by one of the dancers to dance with her and do the Macarena. He was really getting down and had a fun time. They wouldn't allow photography during the show though, so no picture of that.

They did have a dance lesson one afternoon to learn and 70 disco dance. Taz and Cynjyn did this and they did really good!! The two girls next to Taz are Ashley and then Rainy. They met them and hung out with them most of the cruise. Ashley is actually from Logandale and Rainy is from San Jose.

The last night of the cruise, they hung out all night. We told T and C to b back to our room by 11. They were, but then they sat outside our room talking some more until we finally made them come in because we were tired and we had to get up early to leave the ship the next morning.

We got back into town Friday around 3. The kids immediatly called some friends and Rebecca and Sean and Lawson ended up spending the night. So I woke up Saturday morning, my birthday to this. We had no food in the house, so the only thing I could do was make everyone pancakes for breakfast. The Borlas had to leave at 10 for baseball tryouts, so Taz went to Jaden's and the girls stayed here with Tanner. I made Garry take me to a movie for my birthday. We went to Shutter Island and we both really liked it. After that we went to Wal-Mart and Sams to do some shopping. While at Sam's Garry took me to the jewlry counter and we finally ordered me a new wedding ring. He had promised me a new one 5 years ago for our 20 anniversary, but we never got around to it. So finally, since it's our 25 anniversery this year, the timing was right and the funds were there. Of course, they don't have one in stock to fit my finger so I had to special order it and it will take about 6-8 weeks to get here, so I have no pictures, but I really like it and I'm excited.

The kids got me vinyl for my Cricut and some Cricut sheets. I was happy about that. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and we got home about 7:30. Garry went to get the load of laundry out of the dryer and put the load that was in the washer in there, and the dryer was broke. The drum wouldn't turn. Now, mind you, we had both not gotten each other Christmas presents because we were going to get a new washer and dryer for Christmas. We'd been procrastinating and looking around for deals, but now it was time. So we ran to RC Wiley and got a new washer and dryer that night. They are closed on Sunday, so it will be delivered tonight. So it sort of fells like I got a washer and dryer too for my bday!!

I have such good, thoughtful friends. I got lots of birthday wishes on Facebook and after church, Toni brought me this yummy homemade ice cream: Coconut, cherry, chocolate chunk. She had made it one time when she hosted book club, and it is so good. We all just grabbed a spoon and dug in after she brought it and boy was it good. That is why there are a bunch of spoon craters in it. After church our good friends the Witt's called and Debbie had made me a little treat for my birthday and wanted us to come over and play some games and "celebrate". So, we went over there from 5-7 and had these yummy cupcakes and played games. She sent us home with the leftovers!! Then that night, a lady whom I visit teach brought me a matching necklace and earrings. So even a day after my bday, I was still celebrating!!

After we got back from the Witt's, Garry decided that he wanted to paint the laundry room before they brought the new ones. He had already cleaned it out really good and we had leftover paint from the dining room, so he and Cynjyn painted it together and they were done in an hour!! We can't wait for the delivery!!

Blog signature


Lindsay said...

What a fun cruise and birthday! Lucky you to have such thoughtful family and friends!

P.S. I really like the pictures of Cohen and Sandler's primary classes that were hanging in the hallway! You did such a good job on them! Could you possibly e-mail me copies of them please?? :)

Ron said...

Looks like a great time had by all!

Krissy T. said...

Sounds like another successful cruise! Take me next time!

gwen said...

Glad you had fun and a few memorial birthday events. It's so nice that you do so much with your family!

Carol said...

You are such a cute family! Those little Valentines are so thoughtful and the cruise looks like so much fun. I'm glad you had a fun birthday--new ring AND a washer and dryer! What more could you ask for. :O)