CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

Back in November, I was feeling pretty good. I'd lost some weight, I was busy and happy, life was going along well. One day I got ready for the day and was wearing this: Talon promptly told me that I looked old and I looked like a grandma. I was not too happy about that. That was the beginning of my rethinking letting my hair go grey!!
I woke up yesterday feeling slightly grumpy. I took a shower and got ready to go visiting teaching and looked in the mirror and saw THIS. I have been going grey for quite awhile now. I was seriously o.k. with it. But then I had piano students telling me I should get brown highlights in my hair because it was so grey and I looked old. Even my kids told me as I was letting it go grey that I looked old. And of course, my sweet husband who supports anything I choose to do, but even he told me I look old with it. That didn't detere me. But for some reason, yesterday was a day I had just had it. I wanted to color my hair when I lost enough weight to get down to my wedding day weight, but that is just not happening fast enough, so I went Visiting teaching and promptly to the salon and had them color and cut my hair. I must admit that I like it and I do feel younger!! Everyone (meaning my family) was shocked that I did it, but they all like it! After looking at several pictures of myself, I wanted to look good for our cruise photos and I just needed a pick me up and this was my solution!!



I am happy and content now. If only it didn't require work and money to keep it this way!!
Blog signature

7 comments:

Krissy T. said...

You look great both with and without, but I can understand wanting to color it. It is always nice to change it up when you get tired of the usual!

Heather said...

Congrats on the hair change pick-me-up! As an aside, when I was younger, I didn't understand the compulsion to dye hair. Aging was normal, right? graying is just what happens.... I didn't count on starting to go gray while I was on my mission! I have been shamelessly dying it in one form or another for seven years now :)

Heather said...

Ahhhhh! You were my only hope! My sister in arms! Just kidding, it DOES look really good! And...I must admit I've been feeling those same feelings this month, and have actually contemplated dying my hair again. It must be those winter blues... :( The only thing stopping me is the upkeep and $$$. Sighhhh

Love ya!!!

Katelyn said...

we all need a little Pamper-me moment! Sometimes life just gets so busy and we are so focused on others/our family that we forget or even just put ourselves aside. You look great and I'm glad u did It for yourself!

Carol Swift said...

I think you look wonderful and it does make you look younger. What ever it takes to feel good about ourselves is worth it.

gwen said...

Like the new hairdo! The next step is having your nails done every 2 weeks! Gray is ok--if you're 70 : )

kc and k said...

I understand why you wanted to wait, but you might as well look and feel as good about yourself in the now! It's refreshing to spiffy up, and you look great for your cruise!