CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One little word

Ali Edwards writes a blog that I follow. A few years ago, she started something where you chose one little word to be your word for that year. You focus on that instead of making resolutions. I have thought about this for a few years and finally this year, I decided to choose a word for the year. My word is "IMPROVE". I feel that this word can encompass so many things throughout the year and mean so much or so little. There is always something in our lives to focus on and improve. Whether it is healthiness, sprituality, knowledge, education, relationships and I could go on and on. I figure if I focus on this word, it will remind me of so many areas in my life where I can focus my attention for a short time and start to improve my life. I still believe in resolutions too and so I have come up with some of those.

So this was my list for 2010: Here

I did read the Book of Mormon. I took a three month challenge and finished it December 4th!!

I lost 22 pounds. Not quite 30, but I'm series now and I'm only going to IMPROVE!

I did some scrapbooking. I finished a Halloween album and did some digi stuff!

I mostly stopped playing Farmville, that helped on the computer thing. I only started playing it again around Halloween to get the fall and winter fun stuff, but now I'm back on a break. It is a big time sucker!

I do read at least one book a month for book club and I've even managed to read several books for my own pleasure. I still need to read more though.

Still watch a lot of TV.

I did become more physically active, thus the 22 lb. weight loss.

I did some sewing with Cynjyn this year. She seems to enjoy it and so I need to find some more things for her to do. It also helps me with sewing.

I didn't really pick up quilting again, but I did make Talon a quilt for Christmas, made me realize how hard and time consuming it is. I may have to pick that one up again when I have a bigger house and a room all to myself.

I did really good on the Ensign reading until June. When the kids got out of school and summer began, my reading came to a screeching halt!

My house isnt' much cleaner, too many people, too little room!

I did bank up some food storage, it helps when dad comes into town:) but I also used a lot of it this fall because we were spending more money on other things. So I need replenish it now again.

I did get my garage turned, but Taz has taken it over and it is basically his XBOX play room. So I hope more kids use it this coming year.



So overall, I'd say I did pretty good in 2010. So I need to IMPROVE and make some new goals for 2011:


  • be more thoughtful. I want to think of other people more. I'm going to try to write more thank you and thinking of you cards and find other ways to serve others. I'm pretty self absorbed and tend to be a hermit, so I need to get out more and be more involved in others lives to be more thoughtful.

  • get healthier, which means move more, eat less!

  • be nicer to my husband. He does a lot to help out and I don't always say thank you!

  • study the scriptures. I'm going to work on my YW medallion which I can get as a leader and their is a lot of scripture reading involved with that and also read the SS lesson's ahead of time because it's focused on the New Testament which I really want to study this year.

  • be more creative. I want to do more projects and crafty things because I really enjoy it!
  • Don't procrastinate
  • Be less fearful...of...change, growth, expansion, letting go.

I can do it. I can IMPROVE in all these areas, nothing too specific, just stuff to work on in all aspects of my life:)
Blog signature

3 comments:

Krissy T. said...

Sounds like a good word to focus on! You did a good job on your goals from last year, I know you will do great things this year too!

Carol Swift said...

Ugh, I should make resolutions, too, but I always feel like a failure. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction to "improve." I like the one word idea! PS. I'm moving away from FV, too--way too much time sucked away.

gwen said...

I like your word and your new resolutuions. Congrats on doing so well on your last year's resolutios. I don't make resolutions, but your idea of a word is a good one. Our temple president challanged us to read a different scripture ecery day involving faith. That's a good one and it is amazing how many different ones there are!