CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Project Life

Last year, I took on the task of documenting our life by taking a picture every day and then a little journal about it. When I first started it, I wasn't sure I would keep it up, it seemed daunting. But once I got started and into it, it became easy and just a part of life. You can read about the whole process here. So, I finished my year of documenting on January 1st. I ordered the new version out for this year and here they are!! The new one in it's box and the old one completed. New...old
The layouts are simple and easy to do. One picture, one little journal about it and what we did that day.


You can take a picture of anything about your life. The tabbed journaling on the far right is a folded card for more journaling than a little card could hold.



Here is 2010 on the shelf now complete and finished.


Here is 2011 on my desk ready to be added to daily. I keep the journal cards right by my bed and just before going to bed, I do my journal card. I have a folder on my computer called project life where I copy the pictures to about once a week or so and then about every month, I print out the pictures and add them to the book. It isn't as daunting as it sounds and it's fun to do. Even friends and people other than family know about it and when I pull out my camera, they say "Oh, is that for your picture of the day?" You should try it!









Blog signature

6 comments:

Heather said...

Hey! I have a friend here in Utah who is doing this too. It sounds like something I would like to do, but I don't know if I would follow through with it! I love the red book! Have you thought about doing the digital version?

Krissy T. said...

I didn't know you were doing that--it sounds fun, but I would have a lot of days with the exact same stuff on it!

Carol Swift said...

Great idea! Isn't this kind of like blogging? What makes it different? I like the little tags for journaling.

chris jenkins said...

I think it is really awesome that you completed the whole year! I got stuck around the end of summer and fell behind. WHat a neat piece of history you have sitting on your shelf! I bought the same kit - the Amber version hoping to have fun with it!

gwen said...

You are a person who sets a goal and follows through! This would force me to find something interesting to do with my life every day! That would be the challange! I wish I had done this when I was raising my family!

Ron said...

Way cool. "The Book of Remeberance" has come a long way.