CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Teacher Appreciation

It is the end of the third quarter again and time to do Teacher appreciation gifts for all our primary workers. Last month, Andrea's husband has an edible treat delivered to him at work and Andrea called me and told me it was so cute and she thought we could duplicate it for TA gifts. So we got together last week and made 27!!
You take an ice cream cone (I used the bigger waffle ones) and fill the cone part with M & M's. Then we made rice crispy treats and shaped them into a ball shape and stuck them on the cone. You had to let them "set up" a little or else they wouldn't hold their shape. We tried several ways to prop them up to "dry" and found that sticking them in a cup worked best. After they dried out for awhile, we swirled white chocolate on top with some sprinkles.

we wrapped them in a cellophane bag with a tag that read: "Here's the scoop, our primary would melt without you!!" They turned out so cute. We really couldn't run our primary without our dedicated teachers!! I like to recognize them once a quarter:)

7 comments:

gwen said...

Your primary teachers must LOVE you! Those are soooo cute! Might try that for a VT treat around Christmas time!

Lindsay said...

These were SO cute and yummy! Thank you! I had no idea that there are M&Ms in the cone... I haven't gotten to that part yet.

Carol Swift said...

These are so cute! Kim, you are so amazing with your imagination and fun ideas. I think in my other life I was a little more creative than I am now. :o)

Heather said...

Those totally ROCK! You are such a great Primary President!!! You're still my idol :) I miss stealing all your ideas, but you can bet I'm gonna use this one!

Ixchelle said...

I love it! You are so creative. I might steel this idea.

Heather said...

You must be the most organized Primary president ever. This and the popcorn treats -- so impressive!

kc and k said...

Those turned out great! I love the pops of color in your saying.