CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 4, 2019

January Little Things

This is what I want to remember about January: We went over to Talon and Mikel's house to help Talon move an old couch out of his loft and they had a cute welcome mat...made me glad we aren't the only Goon's in the town anymore. Taz also got to see their house for the first time.  We promptly took said couch to a girl in the YSA ward looking for some free furniture.  I sometimes stay up later than Garry reading and he just looked so adorable sleeping that I had to snap a photo. It's cold this month and ice in the gutter on my walk proved it. Cynjyn is quite the Jack of all Trades. She can do just about anything she sets her mind to.  Here she's making her and Jaxon milkshakes and then I had taken Jaxon to the library and he always loved playing with the kitchen, so I told her to make him a kitchen out of an old mattress box and she set right to it and whipped that kitchen up in no time and with a mustache to boot.  I love getting my nails done, have I mentioned that before?! Jaxon happy that his daddy is home from work, daddy tired and wanting a nap but Jaxon just woke up!  Taz, Garry and I went to the temple for Hunter Witt's sealing and it was Taz's first time witnessing a marriage. Garry was changing Cynjyn's light bulb, but it was hot so he grabbed one of her socks and it just happened to be a Panda sock and he looked funny changin that bulb.











Laundry, always laundry to fold and put away. We started a new thing this year. Tanner, Taz and Cynjyn are each taking a night to pull dinner together. I do piano on Tue-Thurs and I go pretty late, so I have assigned them to those days to get dinner finished and on the table right when I'm done. Tanner has Tue, Cynjyn Wed and Taz Thur. I usually have the main course figured out and ready, they have to put it in the oven or get it out of the crock pot and cook up a veggie and salad and get the table ready. It's working really well so far and I am loving it. Cynjyn got accepted to UNLV...and got a scholarship also! I put up my January snow decorations. Jaxon loves cereal. One night we decided to go to Taco Bell and get everything off the dollar menu...11 items and taste them all. We got 22 items and Garry and I shared and Taz and Tanner shared. We liked pretty much everything but we each had our own favorites. MOC (month of Challenges) takes place in January on the Lilypad website where I share most of my scrapbook pages. It is a different digital challenge everyday and if you do all 31 days, you get a $20 coupon to the store. So I have been doing it for the last three years. So, every early morning in January, I am at the computer working on the challenge for the day, trying to get it done before Jaxon comes. Taz was a high council companion speaker (Brother Danley's), so we tagged along to listen to his always excellent talks! I am still plugging away at Stake Primary and it's all new territory with the 2 hour block change, we just have to attend ward conferences now.  So that happened and we are fully embracing Come Follow Me and have been doing it faithfully every Sunday evening at 6 pm.










This is the said kitchen Jaxon likes playing with at the library. He also likes after school snacks with Cynjyn. I like my single serving KETO friendly lava cake in a mug. Jaxon tried Krispy Kreme donuts for the first time. Tanner has been going to a lot of Vegas Golden Knights games with Beth and they won and were offering a dozen KK donuts for free, but when Tanner went to claim them, they were sold out so they gave him a rain check and he got them this particular day. Cynjyn eating Pizza Rolls after school and watching YouTube. Jaxon discovering the climbing wall and Tanner's shoulders again. I had to take a reflection photo for MOC and so I made Garry pose with me by the pool. Then I made Cynjyn take some photos of me and my reflection. I tried to recreate our shoe photo from last year, but I didn't tell Cynjyn and she uncrossed her legs before I got a good snap. There was a lunar eclipse and a beautiful sunset and Tanner and Beth at hockey and Cynjyn on her cooking night and my Disneyland nails in preparation for our end of the month Disneyland trip!


















No comments: