CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Snow in Vegas

The last time it happened was 2008. We had a ton of snow dumped on us in a single day. I remember it because they closed school and it was parent teacher conference and we went to Cynjyn's and I was wearing my crocks and I slipped and fell. It was a super fun day. Well, they say it happens every 10 years here and this was our year again...it just so happens that it was on my birthday! Snow had been in the forecast for a week and everyone was posting screen shots of the weather app and the little snow icon. It had been cold all week. It even snowed for 10 min. the Saturday before the big drop. Garry had to scrape our windows before our morning shopping outing.  Then Wednesday night, it started snowing and it was coming down fairly hard in our area of town. Area's closer to the mountains were really getting dumped on. Talon and Mikel got more than we did! The next morning, most of ours had melted away, but some areas of town hadn't and they DIDN'T cancel school...they should have! Talon said there were 5 accidents and two students hit by cars at his school alone. Well They did a news report that freezing conditions were in store for the evening, so they cancelled all school events after 4pm that day. Then they said they were cancelling school Friday due to freezing conditions through the night.  Well Friday was bright and sunny and a warm day, in the 50's compared to the 30's it had been all week. CCSD made a mistake and tried to fix it...they should have cancelled Thursday not Friday and now they were adamantly saying that we would absolutely have to make up the lost day! I'm pretty sure most school districts allow themselves 3 or less days to play with in case of emergencies that don't need to be made up.  Anyway, I'm texting my sisters and mom about how dare they not cancel school...kind of jokingly and showing them photos of the snow and Ky texts me their morning snow and saying they had school through it all! I am glad I live in Vegas this time of year and that snow is a delight and everyone is happy to see it coming!


















No comments: